Where’s the Beer!? It’s at Stosh’s Craft Beer Bar in Fair Lawn, NJ!
We will be serving our food there indefinitely on the weekends until we build out our location in Pearl River, NY. Brian Scherer was nice enough to host us at his craft beer bar until we can accommodate you at our headquarters. He has a bunch of good beer on tap and it pairs very well with our food. There may be a few breweries doing tap takeovers or tasting events during our visit.
Hours at Stosh’s:
Did someone say Thanksgiving Eve Turkey Leg Wrapped in Bacon Extravaganza? Stay tuned for that one!
Where are we in the process of everything? Well, this past Wednesday we received approval from the town board on our plans and how they will fit into the community in regards to parking. We cannot wait to get started on building out our space but everything takes time, too much time. A word of advice if you are going to start a business, hire yourself a good attorney who can lay out the entire timeline. That should’ve been step #2. Never in a million years did I imagine the process would go as such:
1. Prospect building
2. Sign lease
3. Design plans
4. Submit plans
5. Get ready to be rejected
6. Get rejected
7. Hire an attorney
8. File appeals
9. Get on the appeals schedule
10. Keep waiting
11. No meetings in August, wait another month
12. Meet with the planning board (pray for approval)
13. Receive approval pending parking variance from the zoning board
14. Get on zoning board of appeals schedule for said variance
15. Pray for variance.
16. Meet with zoning board (keep praying)
17. Show excitement that you received your variance
18. Hear that you have to wait for the building inspector to approve the final board decision 2 weeks after the draft decision at the earliest and wait another 2 weeks since they are way understaffed
19. Wait on the building inspector to give their final approval
20. Thought you received your permits? Guess again, do not pass go and collect $200. Now you need town attorney approval (of which they have up to 60 days)
21. Wait for town attorney
22. Bleed money, bleed money, bleed money
23. Wonder why you are doing this
24. Host food pop up events to stay afloat, give out free food to local police officers and local businesses to build your brand and goodwill with the community you wish to serve.
Right now we are between step 18-19. There has to be a more efficient way to make this all work so all parties are happy.. But we have been happily repeating step 24!
Sometimes I need to sit back and take a deep breath and look at the positives and focus on the future. In the end it’ll all be worth it.
Follow your dreams. Yes you won’t hit the jackpot, but you will do what you love, and in doing so, it won’t feel like work or a career that you cannot stand.
We will be packing in the usual items on the smoker. Come hungry, have some bbq and a couple beers. .
Catering? We thought you’d never ask! For your next party look no further! Shoot us an email and we will get back to you as soon as humanly possible. (firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-497-2991)
Make sure you get here early as items do sell out. We look forward to seeing you on the 11th!